You have to try this spicy vodka pasta! I've included directions for how to make Gigi Hadid Pasta with and without vodka, depending which version you prefer.
This easy, creamy spicy vodka pasta went viral on TikTok and it continues to receive a lot of attention for good reason! This is a staple in our home and I really should have posted this recipe sooner! It comes together quickly, completely on the stovetop and is an easy weeknight dinner recipe.
Pasta 450g, we used shell pasta (reserve pasta water - 1 cup)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red onion or shallot
1/2 cup tomato paste
2 Tablespoons vodka
1 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you like)
2 Tablespoon butter
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
You're going to need a large pot for cooking the pasta and a heavy-bottomed skillet.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a full rolling boil and cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
NOTE: YOU WILL BE RESERVING 1 cup of the pasta water once the pasta is done cooking.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in heavy-bottomed skillet. Add shallots (or red onions) and sauté for one minute.
- Add in the minced garlic and sauté for one to two minutes. Depending on the type of frying pan that you use, you need to closely watch the heat and ensure that the onions and garlic do not burn!
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for five minutes, stirring constantly. It's going to look a little dark and caramelized at this point.
- Turn the heat down a little and whisk in the vodka. Allow the vodka cook down for two minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Taste and season with salt, pepper and add in the red pepper flakes. If it's bubbling too much, turn the heat down a little.
- Stir in the freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Gradually stir in the reserved pasta water.
- Stir in the butter, followed by the cooked, drained pasta.
- To serve, garnish with fresh parsley or chopped basil leaves and freshly grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
To make Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe without vodka - add in one additional cup of water from the cooked pasta.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 helping
- Calories: 605
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 137.4 mg
- Fat: 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 62.9 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 14.1 g
- Cholesterol: 37.6 mg
Keywords: Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe, spicy vodka pasta recipe