This Easy Cheesy Stuffed Garlic Bread is really quick and easy to make and delicious as a side with your favorite pasta dinner or to accompany your appetizers during football season. A nice layer of Mozzarella cheese between slices of Italian bread, spread with homemade garlic butter with herbs comes together deliciously. This cheesy goodness is always a crowd-pleaser.
1 loaf Italian bread
3/4 cup butter, room temperature but not too soft
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
8 oz. Mozzarella cheese, sliced
3/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated; divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine butter, olive oil, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and 1/4 cup of the grated fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Use a sharp, serrated knife to cut 1 and 1/2 inch thick slices of bread, not cutting all the way through to the bottom of the loaf. You should be able to pick up the full loaf of bread with the slices not cut through to the bottom. Place loaf on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Reserve 1 Tablespoon of prepared garlic butter and with the remaining garlic butter, butter each side of the pre-sliced bread.
- Place one to two slices of sliced mozzarella cheese between each slice of bread.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the remaining garlic butter all over the top of the loaf.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cook in 375°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Storage and reheating instructions:Cover cooled bread with foil or plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for up to two days.
Reheat in a preheated 350°F oven to 10 to 15 minutes.
Reheat in air fryer: Separate the garlic bread slices and lay them flat in the basket of your air fryer. Air fry at 350°F in two minute intervals until heated through and the cheese is melty.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Sides
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 helping
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 288 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.8 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 9.9 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
Keywords: Cheesy stuffed garlic bread