You will love this quick and easy side dish! A creamy, cheesy sauce combined with the cooked Brussel sprouts bakes to perfection in the oven and delights even the non-veggie eaters!
2 lb. brussel sprouts
2 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
2 tsp. honey-dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 and 1/2 cups shredded Old Cheddar cheese
1. Trim the ends from the Brussel sprouts and remove and loose leaves.
2. In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook Brussel sprouts for 10 - 12 minutes. Drain well.
3. In a medium-sized heavy-bottom saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
4. Gradually whisk in flour, stirring constantly for 1 and 1/2 minutes.
5. Gradually whisk in milk, and continue to cook while whisking constantly.
6. Cook sauce for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Stir in honey-dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
8. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, then add in Brussel sprouts and combine.
9. Spoon into a greased 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
10. Top with remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
11. Bake in 375F oven for 25 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 37 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 scoops
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 7.7 g
- Sodium: 428.5 mg
- Fat: 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.7 g
- Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 15.9 g
- Cholesterol: 44.5 mg
Keywords: brussel sprouts, side dishes