These Easy Cheeseburger Sliders have the delicious classic combination of juicy beef seasoned to perfection with creamy American cheese layered throughout. These bite sized burgers are one of the ultimate make ahead appetizers for parties, game day tailgating snacks or a fun easy dinner.
1 pound ground beef (93% lean)
1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
12 Hawaiian rolls, sliced lengthwise
12–15 sliced American cheese slices
2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 to 1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat add the ground beef, yellow onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Stir for 6-8 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Remove the saute pan from the heat.
- Place the bottom of the Hawaiian rolls on a 9 x 13 baking sheet.
- Place 6-9 slices of the cheese on the Hawaiian rolls.
- Top the cheese with the ground beef.
- Top the ground beef with 6 slices of cheese.
- Place the tops of the buns on top.
- Place the butter and garlic powder in a small bowl. Mix until combined. If you melt the butter in the microwave make sure you cut it into very small cubes, so it doesn’t explode. The best option is to melt the butter in a small saucepan. Make sure it doesn’t go brown, you just want the butter to melt.
- With a pastry brush slather the top of the buns with the garlic butter. Reserve the remainder for when the sliders come out of the oven.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted. If you feel the tops are getting too brown you can add an aluminum foil tent on top.
- While the sliders are cooking make the sauce. Add all the sauce ingredients into one bowl. Mix until combined.
- Remove the sliders from the oven. Slather the remainder of the garlic butter on top of the sliders.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Storage and reheating instructions:
Store any leftovers (we never seem to have any they are just too good) in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the oven or air fryer at 350°F for up to 5 – 7 minutes or until heated through. When reheating place an aluminum foil tent on top so the tops do not get too hard!!
Reheat a single slider in the microwave for 20 seconds until warmed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheeseburger sliders, cheeseburger slider with Hawaiian rolls, Hawaiian roll cheeseburger sliders, homemade sliders with Hawaiian rolls