This easy Banana Bread Recipe Without Baking Soda makes a delicious breakfast snack any time of day! This recipe uses simple ingredients and requires no fancy equipment.
1 cup mashed bananas
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon. plus one teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
- Grease a 9 inch loaf pan. Alternatively, you can use a cooking spray or line the loaf pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Peel and mash bananas with a fork. The best way to do this is to place them on a flat dinner plate. This is much easier than trying to mash them in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, vegetable oil, sugar and bananas.
- In a separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. If you're adding nuts, you can sprinkle a few on top of the bread before baking.
- Bake banana bread in 325 degrees f oven for 50 to 60 minutes
- Use a cake tester to check for doneness by inserting it into the middle and ensuring that no batter is on the tester.
- Cool on wire cooling rack. If you do not have a wire cooling rack, you can turn a baking sheet upside down and set the loaf pan on it. Cool for at least 10 minutes, then carefully remove from pan.
- Invert to remove from the loaf pan. Slice and serve.
- Storage instructions: You can wrap the whole loaf or slice and wrap pieces individually. Wrap in plastic wrap or store in airtight container for four to five days at room temperature.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, then wrap in aluminum foil for added protection in the freezer. You can also use a freezer- safe ziplock bag or airtight container.
- Variations: Banana Nut Bread - stir in 1 cup of chopped pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds into the batter before baking. You can also sprinkle a few on top before baking.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread - stir one cup of chocolate chips into the batter before turning it into the loaf ban.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 helping
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 22.8 g
- Sodium: 140.6 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 41.2 mg
Keywords: Banana Bread Without Baking Soda, Breakfast, Snack