These soft, tender melt-in-your-mouth Easter shortbread cookies are so easy to make! No rolling or chilling the dough. Add your favourite sprinkles and you've got yourself a lovely Easter treat!
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup sprinkles/sanding sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cornstarch and all purpose flour.
- Gradually add in butter, mixing by hand until a soft dough forms.
- Roll into one inch balls and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Press down each cookie with a lightly-floured fork.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar or sprinkles.
- Bake in 300°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Edges will be very lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to sit on baking sheet for one minutes, then transfer to wire cooling rack.
Store shortbread in airtight container for up to four weeks.
Shortbread may be frozen between layers or parchment paper in a freezer safe container. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 4.6 g
- Sodium: 1.3 mg
- Fat: 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 15.3 mg
Keywords: Easter Shortbread Cookies