1. Cut cabbage in half. Remove core from the bottom. Discard any rough leaves on the outside.
2. Using the food chopper (on chop setting), chop ingredients one at a time. For half a cabbage, I had 4 batches in the chopper. Alternatively, chop by hand.
3. Chop cabbage, set aside in large mixing bowl. 1/2 cabbage yielded about 5 cups.
4. Chop onions and add to bowl.
5. Chop celery and add to bowl.
6. Chop carrot and add to bowl. (approx 2 tbsp. Too much and your coleslaw will be too orange).
7. Peel and chop apple in 1/4 inch pieces. If you prefer finer pieces, you can grate the apple as well.
8. Chopped fresh parsley - 1 tbsp. (optional but good!)
9. In a mixing bowl, stir together mayonnaise, dijon mustard, vinegar and celery seed.
10. Using a spatula, pour dressing over chopped vegetables and stir well to coat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.