Bottom Chocolate Brownie Layer
1. Grease and flour a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine butter, water and chocolate. Melt over medium heat, stirring constantly. Gradually allow the mixture to come to a boil by raising the temperature slightly. Remove from heat as soon as it comes to a boil.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture.
5. In a small bowl, combine eggs and sour cream and mix well, then add to chocolate mixture, stirring just to combine.
6. Spread into bottom of jelly roll pan.
Cream Cheese Layer
7. In a medium-sized mixing bowl or bowl from stand mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar. Mix on medium speed for one minute until sugar is dissolved.
8. Blend in egg and mix until well-blended.
9. Spoon cream cheese mixture over chocolate mixture.
10. Using a knife, cut through the batter and swirl to create a marbled effect.
11. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
12. Bake in 375F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
13. Cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares.
14. Store in covered container in the refrigerator for up to five days.