Today, I’m sharing the classic Chocolate Eclair Cake. It’s a no-bake delight that’s both timeless and incredibly scrumptious.
Think layers of creamy goodness, graham crackers, and velvety chocolate frosting coming together in perfect harmony.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
This Chocolate Eclair Cake is a long-time family favorite. I can remember coming home from school and my Mom would have it made in the fridge, ready with a tall glass of milk. Pure comfort food.
This dessert is perfect for potlucks or parties and has the decadence of a classic French Éclair without all the fuss.
Why You’ll Love This No Bake Eclair Cake
- Quick and Easy: This recipe is a breeze to make and requires no baking. You can have a delightful dessert ready with minimal effort.
- Classic Flavor: It captures the beloved flavors of a traditional eclair but in cake form, with layers of creamy pudding, graham crackers, and chocolate frosting.
- Make-Ahead Delight: It’s a perfect make-ahead dessert for gatherings and special occasions. You can prepare it in advance and chill until it’s time to serve. You can freeze it too!
- Family Favorite: This cake is a crowd-pleaser. Its familiar and comforting taste is loved by kids and adults alike.
What is Chocolate Eclair Cake Made Of?
This simple, no-bake Chocolate Eclair Cake is a timeless dessert favorite. Prepared with graham crackers, pudding, whipped topping, and luscious chocolate frosting, it comes together in just about 10 minutes, with some additional chilling time.
Can I Make this Cake in Advance for a special occasion?
You sure can! Chocolate Eclair Cake is the perfect make-ahead dessert because it is required to chill.
Prepare it a day in advane and it will be ready to impress your guests when you need it!
Ingredients for Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Milk – use whole in this recipe
- Cool Whip Topping
- Sour Cream – I recommend using full fat sour cream.
- Chocolate Frosting – this dessert is made with store-bought frosting. If you’d like to make your own homemade chocoalte frosting, that will work too!
How to Make This Easy Chocolate Eclair Cake
You can find a full printable recipe card by scrolling down to the bottom of the page. I’ve added some step-by-step images with instructions below to help you along with the recipe.
STEP ONE – In a large bowl add pudding mix, and milk, whisking thoroughly.
STEP TWO – Add the sour cream and Cool Whip to the pudding mixture.
STEP THREE – In the bottom of a 9×13 pan, place a single layer of graham crackers.
TIP: The crackers may not fit in perfectly and that is okay! Break the crackers but hand, or cut them with a serrated knife and fit them in as best as possible.
STEP FOUR – Scoop 1/3 of the pudding mixture onto cracker layer, about 2 cups, spreading into even layer with spoon or offset spatula.
STEP FIVE – Repeat layering twice, ending with a graham cracker layer.
STEP SIX – Stir tub frosting to loosen, alternately microwave frosting for 15-20 seconds to help make easier to spread. Top graham cracker layer with frosting, spread into an even layer, so no pudding or crackers show.
STEP SEVEN – Cover cake, and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, until crackers have softened and can be sliced. Enjoy!
My Top Tips for Making this Recipe
This recipe is very easy to make. The secret to a perfect no-bake eclair cake is to allow it to chill for the full time. The graham crackers will soft and combine perfectly with the pudding layers.
Storage & Freezing Instructions
Storage: Cover the dessert with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Freezing: You can freeze this easy no-bake dessert by covering it with plastic wrap, then a layer of foil and freezing for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator to enjoy the following day.