If you're looking for The BEST Chicken Tater Tot Casserole, this is it! This easy weeknight casserole feature a creamy sauce with chicken and vegetables, topped with crispy tater tots. It's a kid-pleaser and the whole family will love it!
1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
4 cups mixed frozen vegetables
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 and 3/4 cups cheddar cheese, divided
4 cups (16 ounces/1pkg) frozen tater tots
Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, garlic powder, onion powder and chicken broth.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in shredded or chopped chicken and frozen vegetables.
- Stir in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, just until combined.
- Spread the chicken mixture into to the prepared casserole dish. Smooth it out evenly with a spatula, then top with an even layer of frozen tater tots.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 40 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through and tater tots are lightly browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley or chopped green onions (optional).
STORAGE & REHEATING:
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Cover casserole dish with plastic wrap, or transfer leftovers to an airtight container.
To reheat, place the leftover tater tot chicken casserole in a preheated 350°F oven in an oven-safe baking dish. Cover with foil and reheat for 15 to 20 minutes. Set the oven to broil for two to three minutes once heated through for crispy tater tots.
FREEZE NOW AND COOK LATER INSTRUCTIONS
Assemble following the recipe directions but do no bake the casserole. Wrap in plastic wrap and a layer of aluminum foil. You can freeze the casserole for up to three months.
To cook, thaw completely in the refrigerator overnight, then cook according to directions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chicken Tater Tot Casserole, Tater Tot Casserole with Cream of Chicken Soup