What a great weekend breakfast treat! Jumbo bakery style Blueberry Peach Muffins are moist, soft and fluffy and loaded with fresh fruit. A light glaze on top gives you a little sweet treat in every bite!
What's your favourite kind of muffin? Is it the smaller ones made in the 12 muffin tin size, or it is the jumbo bakery style muffin?
Do you love popping off the muffin top on those jumbo muffins? Which part do you eat first - the top or the bottom?
I love jumbo muffins and I like to eat the top first! These muffins puff up beautifully in the oven with sky-high muffin tops. If you're a fan of bakery-style muffins, then you will not want to miss these Chocolate Chip Muffins or my favourite maple-glazed apple muffins!
YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE!
- this is an easy recipe with basic ingredients.
- recipe can be mixed by hand with no mixer needed.
- sky-high muffin tops for the muffin-top lover!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- butter - melted and cooled.
- eggs - at room temperature. Take them out of the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before you start baking.
- granulated sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder - it's a good time to check the best before date!
- Greek yogurt - use full fat Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- powdered sugar and milk (for the glaze)
- fresh chopped peaches
- fresh or frozen blueberries
Can I use canned peaches in this recipe?
Yes! Drain peaches in colander and pat dry with paper towels. Chop and add to muffin mixture.
Start by preheating the oven to 425°F. (don't worry if this seems high. You'll be dropping the temperature down after five minutes of baking).
If you are using paper liners, line 6 jumbo bakery-style muffin tins. Alternatively, grease the muffin tins and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a smaller mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add in the milk and cooled melted butter and vanilla and Greek yogurt.
Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir with as few strokes as possible until all dry ingredients are moistened. (The secret to soft and fluffy muffins)!
Fold the peaches and blueberries into the batter. If you're using frozen blueberries, toss them in 1 tbsp. of flour before adding them to the batter. This will stop them from turning the batter purple in colour.
Divide the batter evenly into 6 prepared jumbo muffin tins.
Bake in 425°F oven for 5 minutes. Next, turn the oven down to 350°F (resist the urge to open the door) and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
Use a toothpick or cake tester to check that the muffins are completely cooked in the centre.
Place muffins on a wire cooling rack.
STORAGE & FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS
Store muffins in an airtight container for up to three days.
Muffins can be frozen for up to two months. Place cooled muffins in ziplock bags or freezer-safe storage containers. Thaw on counter or in refrigerator before eating.
- When making jumbo muffins, grease the top of the pan as well as the inside so that the muffin tops don't stick to the pan.
- If using frozen blueberries, toss them in 1 tbsp. of flour to stop them from turning the batter purple.
- Cooling the melted butter is a very important step. Otherwise, the heat from the butter can cook the eggs!
- Don't over mix the batter. The fewer the strokes, the lighter and fluffier the muffins will be!
- Don't over bake the muffins. Use an oven thermometer to ensure that the temperature is accurate. Keep a close eye on the muffins as they get close to the end of the baking time. Check them with a toothpick and pull them out of the oven as soon as they are done.
- Check your baking powder for freshness. Check expiry dates and replace with new baking powder if expired.
HOW TO MEASURE FLOUR
- First, fluff up the flour using a spoon.
- Second, use a spoon to scoop the flour into the measuring cup.
- Next, scrape a knife across the top of the measuring cup to level the flour. Add to mixing bowl as directed.
All-purpose flour is recommended for all types of muffins
Greek yogurt helps to keep the muffins moist.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please take a moment to comment below and give it a five-star recipe rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print