You're going to love this easy Tortellini Alfredo! A creamy, homemade Alfredo sauce, lightened up with milk, with fresh steamed broccoli and delicious cheddar sprinkled on top. Ready in 45 minutes, this is the perfect weeknight dinner!
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onions, chopped
2 cups milk (I use 1% but you could use whole milk as well)
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper
Juice from half of a lemon
20 oz./600g refrigerated cheese tortellini, uncooked
1 and 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Fresh parsley (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cut broccoli into florets and steam until crisp tender, being careful not to overcook. Drain, then set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in skillet. Sauté onions and garlic for a few minutes until softened.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and milk. Add to skillet and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. This should take approximately 5 minutes. Stir constant and adjust heat if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly for two minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice. Taste the sauce and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in the tortellini and stir well to coat with sauce. There is no need to pre-cook the tortellini. It will cook in the oven in the sauce!
- Gently stir in the broccoli.
- Transfer to prepared 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top. (you can optionally sprinkle at bit more Parmesan cheese on top as well if you like)!
- Bake in 350°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is melted and pasta is heated through.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and enjoy!
- A fresh wedge or Parmesan cheese will add more flavour and smoothness to this recipe than the bagged, shredded cheese.
- STORAGE & REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS:Store cooled Tortellini Alfredo, covered in refrigerator for up to two days. Reheat in microwave or in oven at 350°F for about 15-20 minutes, covered in foil.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 helping
- Calories: 558
- Sugar: 6.8 g
- Sodium: 1264.8 mg
- Fat: 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.2 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 29.1 g
- Cholesterol: 83.6 mg
Keywords: Tortellini Alfredo, tortellini casserole, tortellini pasta bake