Creamy Baked Ravioli Alfredo is a simple family dinner without the fuss of boiling the fresh or frozen ravioli. It goes straight into the oven with the zucchini, mushrooms and easy homemade Alfredo Sauce. Pasta lovers will love this dish and it's the perfect comfort food.
Do you love to get dinner on the table quickly? Who doesn't right? Our family's habits are leaning more and more towards simplistic meals. This easy recipe is perfect for busy nights.
Other than the delicious flavours, you will save time because this pasta doesn't need to be boiled first! You read that right. Once the sauce is made, the ravioli is stirred into the sauce and baked. It will cook in the oven and presto - dinner's on the table!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS
- you can skip the step of boiling the ravioli and get this dinner on the table quickly and it's super easy to make!
- satisfying dinner that the whole family will love. Pasta bakes are so easy to make and who doesn't love a cheesy pasta?!
- if you love quick and easy dinners, then you might enjoy this Walking Taco Casserole. I tested an easy ravioli lasagna and it is sooooooo good. It will be on the blog soon!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- onions - you can use cooking onions or sweet onions
- garlic - adds a lot of flavour!
- mushrooms - I like to use Cremini mushrooms or you can use white button mushrooms or your favourite variety.
- zucchini - 2 small zucchini. (7 to 9 inches long)
- heavy cream - I like to use whipping cream or use can use any heavy cream from the dairy section of the grocery store.
- fresh Parmesan cheese - don't skip on the fresh cheese. The bottled stuff just doesn't add the same flavour in this recipe!
- cheddar cheese - milk, medium or sharp cheddar; use your favourite.
- refrigerated cheese ravioli - found in the refrigerator section of the grocery store. (not frozen)
- fresh Parsley for garnish
step by step instructions
Heat oven to 400°F.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic, onions and mushrooms until softened. About 5 minutes.
Stir in the zucchini and cook until zucchini is softened.It will continue to cook as you make the sauce in the same skillet.
The photo above is to illustrate how the zucchini will look before adding the sauce to the pan.
In a small glass container, whisk together cornstarch and milk. Mixing these two ingredients together will prevent the sauce from being lumpy.
Next, stir the whipping cream into the milk mixture and stir well to combine.Stir in the freshly grated Parmesan cheese and cook until mixture is thickened and bubbly. (about 5 minutes)
Taste the sauce and add salt & pepper to taste. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into the mixture and stir.
Stir in the ravioli. There is no need to boil the ravioli! It will bake in the sauce as it cooks! Stir to coat the ravioli, then transfer to a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
Top with fresh ground black pepper.
Top with 1 and ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake in 400°F oven for 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Add in two chopped rotisserie chicken, or other cooked chicken breasts for Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake.
For an extra-special treat, add one cup of fresh mozzarella cheese and broil for a few minutes for a gorgeous golden brown top.
Substitute fresh spinach for the zucchini, or simply add it in with the zucchini.
HOW TO SERVE RAVIOLI ALFREDO
This dish is delicious when served with garlic bread, French crusty bread or serve with a green salad. If you make this ravioli casserole please tag me with photos @shesnotcookin.