Soft, moist and dense like a brownie, these Strawberry Lemon Blondies are absolutely to die for. They would be the perfect sweet treat for a bridal or baby shower or your next family get together.
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
2 and 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup strawberries diced
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 to 2 tbsp. lemon juice
3 large strawberries, finely chopped
Sliced strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, or bowl from a stand mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in vanilla and mix to combine, then stir in the lemon juice.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- By hand, carefully fold in the diced strawberries.
- Turn mixture into prepared baking dish. Smooth out with a spatula.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack. This should take approximately 30-45 minutes.
- For frosting, in a mixing bowl, sift powdered sugar, then add in butter and beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in finely chopped strawberries.
- Gradually add in lemon juice, starting with 1 tbsp. and increasing to 2 tbsp. Check consistency, then add more lemon juice or powdered sugar to achieve desired spreadable consistency.
- Using the excess parchment paper at the sides of the baking dish, lift the blondies from the baking dish.
- Use a spatula to frost the brownies with the icing.
- Top each piece with a sliced strawberry for a decorative and tasty touch. (optional)
- Storage instructions:Cover loosely with plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to three days for maximum freshness.
- Freezing instructions: If you want to freeze these blondies, I recommend freezing them un-iced and make the frosting on the day that you serve them. They will keep well, frozen for up to one month.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 large blondie
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 43.8 g
- Sodium: 82.1 mg
- Fat: 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.5 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 57.2 mg
Keywords: Strawberry Lemon Blondies