This is such a quick and easy recipe that you will love. Moist and fluffy with a crunchy cobbler topping, these muffins are a winner!
1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 and ½ tsp. baking powder
½ cup sugar
⅛ tsp. salt
¾ cup milk
⅓ cup melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups diced peaches, divided into 1 cup each
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
3 tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tbsp. milk
- Grease 12 medium muffin tins or line with paper baking cups
- In mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In smaller bowl, beat egg, add milk and melted butter.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in 1 cup of the chopped peaches (save the remaining peaches for adding onto the cobbler topping) and mix just until combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins, filling about three-quarters full.
- For the cobbler topping: In a small mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- By hand, or using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping on top of each muffin. Press a few of the reserved peaches into each muffins.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 20 minutes or until tops or muffins spring back lightly when touched.
- Glaze: In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk until the consistency is thin enough to drizzle with a spoon. Add more milk or powdered sugar as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle over warm muffins.
You can easily use canned peaches in this recipe by patting them dry with a paper towel after straining them in a colander.
Substitute half of the peaches for either raspberries or blueberries for delicious combination.
STORAGE & FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS:
Store muffins in a paper towel-lined covered container in the refrigerator. Allow the muffins to cool completely before putting them in the refrigerator.
Muffins may be stored for up to two months in a covered container that is freezer-safe. Cool the muffins completely before putting them into the freezer.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Peach Cobbler Muffins, muffins, breakfast snack