Paula Deen's Pumpkin Bars are the best ever! Moist and lightly spiced, this recipe is a must for your fall baking list! Top these easy pumpkin bars with a delicious cream cheese icing and enjoy with a tall glass of milk or cup of tea!
4 eggs, room temperature
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
15 oz. can pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
8 oz. package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, or using electric mixer with mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Mix at low speed until combined.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Test the centre using a toothpick to ensure the bars are completely cooked in the middle. They might need an extra 5 minutes of baking.
- Cool bars completely before frosting.
- To make the cream cheese icing: beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar and beat over medium speed until combined.
- Add in the vanilla and mix on high for a minute until it's nice and creamy and spreadable.
- Spread on pumpkin bars, then cut into bars.
- Alternatively you can pipe rosettes as shown in the feature image using a 1M Wilton piping tip and decorating bag for icing.
- Makes 20 small or 10 large bars.
- The original recipe indicated that a 9x13-inch pan would make 10 bars. I found them to be large and cut 20 bars from a 9x13-inch pan and it was the perfect size for dessert.
- Storage instructions: Store cooled bars covered in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: one bar
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 29 g
- Sodium: 209.6 mg
- Fat: 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.2 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 53.7 mg
Keywords: pumpkin bars