Paula Deen's Pumpkin Bars are the best ever! Moist and lightly spiced, this recipe is a must for your fall baking list! Top these easy pumpkin bars with a delicious cream cheese icing and enjoy with a tall glass of milk or cup of tea!
4 eggs, room temperature
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
15 oz. can pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
8 oz. package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, or using electric mixer with mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Mix at low speed until combined.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Test the centre using a toothpick to ensure the bars are completely cooked in the middle. They might need an extra 5 minutes of baking.
- Cool bars completely before frosting.
- To make the cream cheese icing: beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar and beat over medium speed until combined.
- Add in the vanilla and mix on high for a minute until it's nice and creamy and spreadable.
- Spread on pumpkin bars, then cut into bars.
- Alternatively you can pipe rosettes as shown in the feature image using a 1M Wilton piping tip and decorating bag for icing.
- Makes 20 small or 10 large bars.
- The original recipe indicated that a 9x13-inch pan would make 10 bars. I found them to be large and cut 20 bars from a 9x13-inch pan and it was the perfect size for dessert.
- Storage instructions: Store cooled bars covered in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Freezing instructions: Store cooled bars in an airtight container for up to two months. Freeze without the cream cheese frosting. Thaw pumpkin bars in refrigerator and frost with cream cheese frosting before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: one bar
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 29 g
- Sodium: 209.6 mg
- Fat: 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.2 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 53.7 mg
Keywords: Paula Deen pumpkin bars