Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside. These Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies deliver great taste and the perfect texture in every bite with this tried and true family recipe.
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups oatmeal
2 cup chocolate chunks
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer using paddle attachment, combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix on medium-high for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix on high speed for 1 minute.
- Using low speed on mixer, gradually add in dry ingredients.
- Continuing on low speed, gradually mix in the oatmeal adding one cup at a time followed by the chocolate chunks.
- The dough will be slightly sticky. Using an over-filled cookie scoop (or by hand) roll approx 2 tbsp. of dough into a ball. Press down to flatten it a little and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F oven for 10-14 minutes. If you want chewy cookies, take them out of the oven after 10-12 minutes. For crunchier cookies, take them out of the oven after 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack, then enjoy!
- This recipe is best using quick oats. If you have the large flake oats pulse them in the food processor for a minute first.
- Use room temperature butter. Take butter out of the refrigerator one to two hours before you start the recipe.
- Eggs should be at room temperature. Take them out of the refrigerator one to two hours before you start baking.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 19.6 g
- Sodium: 97.3 mg
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.1 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 31.2 mg
Keywords: Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies