An additional sliced banana gives this Moist Banana Bread additional flavour and moisture. The Cream Cheese Icing gives it the finishing touch.
1 cup mashed banana (2 medium/large)
1 large banana sliced
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Cream Cheese Icing
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional to sprinkle on top of icing)
Moist Banana Bread
1. Mash 2 medium/large bananas and set aside.
2. Slice 1 large banana and set aside (this will be added into the batter at the end)
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine bananas, sugar, oil, sour cream and eggs. Mix on low-medium speed until well mixed.
3. In a separate small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir just until combined.
5. Gently fold in sliced banana.
6. Pour into greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
7. Bake in 325F oven for 1 hour or until cake tester or toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto cooling rack. Cool for at least 30 minutes before icing.
Makes 1 loaf. (12 x 3/4" thick slices)
For Cream Cheese Icing
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese with butter for one minute.
2. Add vanilla and stir until combined.
3. Gradually add in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time Mixing on low speed of mixer.
4. Once all of the icing sugar is added, mix on medium-high for 30 seconds.
5. Ice the top of the banana bread.
6. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts (optional)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hours
- Category: Breads, Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 441
- Sugar: 34.1 g
- Sodium: 286.6 mg
- Fat: 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 14 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.7 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: moist banana bread