Rolled oats and real maple syrup combine together in this moist and delicious muffins. Maple Syrup Muffins are easy to make and taste great with a cup of coffee or tall glass of milk.
1/4 butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp. butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3-4 tbsp. maple syrup
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine melted butter and granulated sugar and mix well to combine.
- Add the sugar mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Add in the rolled oats and stir just until combined. Mixture will be crumbly.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and milk and stir to combine, then pour over oats mixture and stir just until combined.
- Divide batter evenly in 12 paper-lined, or greased muffin tin. (for larger muffins, divide evenly among 9 muffins cups and bake a few minutes longer).
- Bake in 350F oven for 20-23 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minute in muffin tin, then transfer to cooling rack.
- Cool for three to five minutes on cooling rack, then drizzle with maple glaze.
- For the glaze, and using a wooden spoon, combine 1 tbsp. softened butter with powdered sugar and 3 tbsp. of the maple syrup. Continue to add maple syrup (up to 1 more tbsp) until a spreadable glaze is achieved.
Muffins can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to three days for ultimate freshness or up to five days in the refrigerator.
Store muffins in an airtight container, layered between sheets of parchment paper or waxed paper for up to three months. Thaw at room temperature before eating.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 24.7 g
- Sodium: 202.4 mg
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.7 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 3.4 mg
Keywords: Muffins, maple syrup