If you're a peach lover, then you're going to love this easy peach cobbler pound cake recipe! It's peach season and this rich buttery pound cake is bursting with peach flavor with brown sugar topping combined.
4 to 7 peaches - 3 sliced; 3 to 4 chopped (1 and 1/2 cups chopped for cake)
Brown sugar mixture:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup melted butter
1 and 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
4 eggs, room temperature
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 to 3 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Bundt pan with cooking spray with flour.
- Peel three peaches and slice into wedges. Place evenly in the bottom of prepared Bundt cake pan in the indentations throughout the pan.
- Peel remaining peaches and chop until you have 1 and 1/2 cups. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and 1/4 cup of melted butter. Sprinkle on top of peaches in pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat 1 cup butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. (about 3 minutes)
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until well-combined. Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- At medium speed, add dry ingredients with buttermilk, alternately to the butter mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Gently stir in chopped peaches.
- Transfer cake batter to prepared Bundt pan and bake in 350°F oven for 50 minutes or until cake tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for at least one hour before inverting onto cake plate.
- Make the glaze: In a small mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Start by adding two tablespoons of milk and continue adding milk, or powdered sugar until you reach a consistency that easily drizzles from a spoon.
- Drizzle glaze over cake and enjoy!
Storage instructions: Store cooled cake wrapped in plastic wrap on kitchen counter for up for four days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 mnutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Peach Cobbler Pound Cake Recipe