1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour and salt.
2. Add in vegetable oil and stir just until combined.
3. Add hot water and stir. If dough is very sticky, gradually add up to 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10 times.
6. Divide dough into 16 equal portions and roll into balls.
7. Set aside and let rest for 15 minutes.
8. Lightly flour your rolling pin and on a lightly flour surface, pat the ball to flatten it and roll in a clockwise rotation at 12 o'clock, 3, 6, 9 position. Be sure to roll right to the edges so that they are nice and flat as well.
9. Stack between sheets of waxed paper or parchment paper to prevent sticking.
10. Once all tortillas have been rolled out, preheat skillet to medium-high heat.
11. Cook tortillas, one at a time for one minute on the first side, then flip and cook for another 30 to 45 seconds.
12. Remove tortillas from heat and cover with a clean tea towel. Continue cooking until all tortillas have been cooked.
Store leftover tortillas in the refrigerator in a storage container, plastics storage zippered bag or well-wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 2 days. These tortillas will not keep at room temperature.