Say 'hello' to peach season with the easy fresh peach dump cake recipe! This simple dessert recipe will win the hearts of many. Fresh peaches flavored with cinnamon and a cake mix topping that is topped with pecans forms a crunchy, crusty layer that combines beautifully with the soft, cooked peaches.
2 pounds peaches, peeled and sliced
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 box (15.25 oz.) Yellow Cake Mix
1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel and slice peaches. (I like to leave one with the skin on and peel the remaining peaches).
- Add sliced peaches to a small mixing bowl. Add in brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer peach mixture to prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine melted butter and cake mix. Use a pastry blender (or clean hands) and stir until a crumbly dough forms.
- Sprinkle on top of peaches in baking dish. Top with coarsely chopped pecans.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 40 to 50 minutes, until top is light golden brown and peaches are bubbling at the sides.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Store cooled cake covered in plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight storage container for up to three days
This delicious dessert is best enjoyed the same day as making it. You can also reheat it in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm it up again and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 helping
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 13.5 g
- Sodium: 26.8 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 20.3 mg
Keywords: easy fresh peach dump cake