This crispy, crunchy, melt-in-your-mouth Easy Butter Cookies Recipe is easier to make than you think! These buttery, crispy cookies are reminiscent of the Dutch Butter Cookies and are the perfect addition to your Christmas holiday cookie tray.
- Beat butter and sugar for two minutes. Set a time and ensure that it’s a full two minutes.
- Add in the salt and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add in the egg and beat just until combined.
- Gradually add in the all-purpose flour 1/2 cup at a time until fully incorporated into the butter mixture.
- Using Wilton 1M piping tip, spoon 1/3 of the dough into a decorator bag.
- Starting in the middle, pipe into a circle onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- I like to go counter-clockwise, but I am left-handed. You might prefer to go the opposite way. Once you are done piping the circle, you may need to gently release it from the end of the tip, and tuck it into the side of the circle.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes. The edges should be very lightly browned.
- Transfer to cooling rack and enjoy.
Storage: Store in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days at room temperature, or in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Use parchment paper pieces to separate the layers, especially if you dipped them in chocolate or sprinkle the tops with sugar.
Freezing: To freeze the cookie dough, make the dough and pipe the cookies into your circle shape onto a baking sheet and flash freeze the baking sheet and unbaked cookies in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours until frozen.
Place them in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag and freeze for 2 to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: butter cookies, Dutch butter cookies