These perfectly crunchy mixed nuts are coated with a cinnamon-sugar mixture and baked in the oven. A quick and easy recipe to make for gift-giving over the holidays.
2 cups mixed nuts
1 egg white, beaten
7 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg white until smooth and foamy. (about 45 seconds).
2. Add nuts and mix well to coat.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
4. Stir into nut mixture and combine thoroughly.
5. Spread nut mixture onto a baking sheet.
6. Bake in 325F oven for 20 minutes, stirring every ten minutes.
7. Remove from oven and continue to stir occasionally (keep them on the baking sheet) for about 5 minutes.
8. Transfer to a medium-sized mixing bowl and cool completely.
8. Serve once nuts have cooled completely.
Store in airtight container for up to 1 month. May be frozen for up to three months.
An individual type of nut can be used in this recipe instead of mixed nuts. Pecans, walnuts and almonds would all be good choices.
Store in airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Freeze using a freezer-safe container or freezing zippered bag for 2 to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizers and Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 246
- Sugar: 12.7 g
- Sodium: 81.1 mg
- Fat: 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.2 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 6.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Roasted Cinnamon Spice Mixed Nuts, Holiday Nuts, Gourmet Mixed Nuts, Cinnamon Spiced Mixed Nuts