1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease 12 cup muffin pan.
2. In large mixing bowl put flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Pour in milk and stir to form a soft dough. The dough will be sticky. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead 10 times. Using a rolling pin (or press out by hand), shape into a rectangle approx 1/2 inch thick and 12 inches long.
3. Cream butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together well. Drop one teaspoon into the bottom of each of the muffin pans.
4. Spread the remaining cinnamon mixture over the rectangle.
5. Roll up on the long side of the rectangle, like a jelly roll and pinch to seal the seam and edges.
6. Score first with a knife to measure out your cut spaces, then cut into 12 slices. It's easier to use a serrated knife using a sawing back-and-forth motion, rather than pressing down which will squash the dough.
7.Place cut side down in muffin tin.
8. Bake in 400 F oven for 20 minutes. Cool on baking rack. Add glaze.
For the Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar. Starting with 2 tbsp., gradually add enough milk to make a thin glaze. Drizzle over cinnamon buns.
For Cream Cheese Icing
In a large mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese with butter for one minute.
Add vanilla and stir until combined.
Gradually add in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time Mixing on low speed of mixer.
Once all of the icing sugar is added, mix on medium-high for 30 seconds.