These Buttery Pecan Snowball Cookies are a simple yet elegant little cookie with ground pecans, butter, flour, sugar and vanilla.
Rolled in powdered sugar after they are baked to create the perfect “snowball”. These are a must bake Christmas cookie on most dessert platters.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup butter, diced then softened at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next, stir in the vanilla just until combined.
- Stir in the all purpose flour until combined.
- Mix in the chopped pecans.
- Roll into 1″ balls and place onto cookie sheet
- Bake in 325°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar as soon as they come out of the oven. Let them cool for about 10 minutes, then roll again in powdered sugar.
Can you make ahead and freeze easy Russian tea cakes?
Yes you can make them early and freeze snowball cookies to help with time management during the holidays.
After they cool place them gently in freezer bags removing as much air as possible, try not to let them touch each other.
Simply thaw these holiday cookies overnight in the fridge (you may have to roll them again in the powdered sugar) and serve, they still taste delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American