This BLT Pasta Salad with Chicken will be on the table in less than half an hour! Rotisserie chicken makes this a quick and easy no-fuss salad that's delicious as an entrée or side salad. Perfect for your next family potluck!
454g/ 16 oz. penne pasta, cooked and drained
4 cups romaine lettuce, torn
1 and 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped into 1 and 1/2-inch pieces
1 avocado, diced (optional)
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup Ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp. BBQ sauce
Hot pepper flakes (season to taste)
Salt & pepper to taste
3 to 4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Rinse, drain and set aside in large mixing bowl.
- While the pasta is cooking, get started on the bacon. You want the bacon to be fully cooked but not too crispy. Drain the bacon and pat it dry with paper towelling to remove the grease.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions, tomatoes, avocado (if using). Tear romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Shred the cheese and the chicken (or you can chop the chicken).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ranch dressing, mayonnaise and bbq sauce. Stir well to combine. Set aside.
- Place the shredded cheese, avocado, onions, tomatoes, romaine, chicken and bacon on top of the pasta in the large mixing bowl. Give it a gentle toss.
- Pour the dressing over top and stir well (gently) to combine.
- Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Transfer salad to serving dish. May be served immediately or chilled for 30 minutes or overnight.
- If desired, keep a few pieces of bacon and shredded cheese aside to garnish the salad.
- Variations: add 1/2 cup diced cucumbers
- Add 1/2 cup pitted, sliced green or black olives
- Storage: This salad is best on the day that it is made or the next day. If you're planning to have it the next day, toss the romaine lettuce in right before serving. Otherwise, it will be a little wilted. Store pasta immediately in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 helping
- Calories: 710
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 855 mg
- Fat: 48.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.7 g
- Trans Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.8 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 18.7 g
- Cholesterol: 57 mg
Keywords: BLT Pasta Salad with Chicken