This is the Best Peach Almond Cake Recipe! An easy recipe that results in a moist cake with a tender crumb. The brown sugar and peach topping combines beautifully with the sliced almonds for that 'perfect bite' every time.
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
2 and 1/3 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mills superfine)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 and 2/3 cup buttermilk
2 cups diced peaches
Topping (goes into bottom of pan before batter)
1 and 1/2 cups sliced almonds
2 whole peaches (cut into 8 slices for lining bake pan)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Garnish powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, or bowl from stand mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar at medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl often using a rubber spatula.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in almond extract.
- In another large bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- On low speed, gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating just until combined after each addition.
- Stir in diced peaches.
- Peel and slices two peaches into 8 slices each. In a small bowl, toss peaches in 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combine 1/3 cup brown sugar and 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with sliced almonds.
- Drop the brown sugar/butter mixture by teaspoonful into the bottom of the pan, on top of the almonds.
- Spread the sliced peaches on next.
- Spread batter into pan. Gently tap pan on a kitchen towel-lined counter a few times to release the air bubbles.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a cake tested inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto wire rack and cool.
- Garnish with powdered sugar. (Use a sieve for a fine sprinkle)
- Prep Time: 15 inutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Peach Almond Bundt Cake