Loaded with miniature chocolate chips, these Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins are JUMBO. This is an easy recipe with pretty basic ingredients that is our new favourite muffin recipe!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- No fancy equipment needed! Everything can be mixed by hand.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat sugar eggs and vanilla, then add the buttermilk.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. (do not over mix)
- Divide evenly among six jumbo muffin tins.
- Bake in 425 F oven fro 5 minutes, then drop temperature to 375F and bake for an additional 12 to 15 minutes. Check with cake tester.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Muffins may be stored in a covered plastic container at room temperature for up to three days.
Freezing Instructions: Muffins may be stored in a plastic freezer container for up to two months.
For a less crispy muffin, reduce temperature to 350F for the second part of the baking time and extend baking time as needed until cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the muffins when testing for doneness.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 694
- Sugar: 67.8 g
- Sodium: 369.1 mg
- Fat: 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 120.5 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 13.9 g
- Cholesterol: 66.5 mg
Keywords: Muffins, Chocolate Chip, Breakfast