Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, these tenders are packed with flavour, easy to make and ready in less than half an hour!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2.5 lbs.)
1 255g bag of Cool Ranch Doritos
3/4 cup all purpose flour
4 large eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with foil or brush very lightly with olive oil to prevent sticking. If you have a wire rack that sits in a baking sheet, that will work very well.
3. Slice chicken into pieces about 3-4 inches long by 2-3 inches wide. Place in bowl and set aside. Depending on the size of the chicken breast, you will get 5-7 pieces in each one.
4. Open top of Doritos bag, then hold the top closed and squeeze to crunch up the Doritos. The pieces will resemble crunched up corn flakes.
5. In separate bowls, place milk, flour, and beaten eggs. Line up bowls in the following order: milk, flour, eggs, Doritos, cookie tray, wet cloth.
(Before assembling, have a wet cloth handy as this can get a little messy!)
6. Dip each piece of chicken, one at a time, into the milk, then flour, next eggs and finally crunched up Doritos. Place on baking sheet.
7. Bake in 400F for 15-20 minutes, turning over once halfway through. Test to ensure that chicken is no longer pink inside.
8. Serve with BBQ sauce or ranch dipping sauce and garnish with sliced green onions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 chicken tenders
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 451.9 mg
- Fat: 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.2 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 149.5 mg
Keywords: chicken, appetizers, Doritos Chicken Tenders Baked