You're going to love this Baked Blueberry Cake Donut Recipe! All you need is a donut pan and you can make these soft and moist homemade donuts. It's the perfect donut with a simple glaze featuring vanilla and lemon flavours. Delicious with your morning coffee and it promises to satisfy your sweet tooth.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 and 1/3 cups buttermilk
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon.lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 to 4 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease donut pan or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, beat egg, then add in buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer batter, in three separate batches to a decorating bag or ziplock bag. Once filled, cut a hole in the bottom of the bag that is just a bit smaller than the width of the donut shape. You can also spoon in the batter by hand using a small spoon. Be careful not to overfill.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set on wire rack.
- For the glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and 3 tbsp. of milk. One additional tablespoon of milk may be required to reach a consistency that you can dip the donuts into for glazing.
- Turn donuts upside down and dip donuts into glaze, then place on wire rack.
- You can also drizzle the glaze over top with a fork or spoon.
- Turn donuts upside down and dip donuts into glaze.
- Place on wire rack with piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap place under the rack for easy cleanup.
- Buttermilk Substitute: For 1 cup of buttermilk, put 1 tbsp. lemon juice or white vinegar into measuring cup. Add enough liquid to fill to the 1 cup measuring line. Stir. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Store donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 to 3 days.
- Donuts can be placed unglazed in an airtight container and frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature and glaze.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 31.8 g
- Sodium: 90.9 mg
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.6 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 15.8 mg
Keywords: Baked Blueberry Cake Donuts