Soft and fluffy Apple Fritter Bread has a spiced apple butter layer and another layer of apples on top. Delicious, warm fall flavours that you can enjoy any time of year.
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2 apples, peeled and chopped
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. apple butter
- Cinnamon-Sugar mixture: In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and stir until combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add to creamed butter mixture.
- Gently mix in milk until batter is smooth.
- Apple mixture: Peel and chop apples and place in small bowl. Add in 1 tsp. of cinnamon and 2 tbsp. of granulated sugar. Stir gently to combine.
- Pour half of the batter in the bottom of prepared loaf pan.
- Add half of the apple mixture followed by half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Press down lightly and the apples will settle into the batter.
- Pour remaining batter over top, followed by the remaining apple mixture and last, the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Press down lightly.
- Bake in 350°F for 50 to 50 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Prepare glaze by mixing powdered sugar with 1 tbsp. of milk. You might need to add a bit more milk to achieve a spreadable consistency.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap until the wire cooling rack. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Scoop up any glaze that drips on the parchment paper and drizzle over loaf.
- Storage Instructions: Store cooled loaf, wrapped loosely in plastic wrap for up to three days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 25.5 g
- Sodium: 31.4 mg
- Fat: 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 51.5 mg
Keywords: Apple Fritter Bread