- 1 box Party Rainbow Chip cake mix, prepared according to package directions (Funfetti cake mix can also be used)
- 2 (3.4-ounce) packages of vanilla instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 4 cups milk
- Blue & pink food coloring
- 1 (16-ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- Green, pink, and blue edible candy grass
- Easter egg candies for decorating (I used Whoppers Robin Eggs)
- Bake the cake according to package directions, with parchment paper inside the pan for easy removal. After 10 minutes of the cake being out of the oven, remove it from the pan and place on a cooling rack. Allow the cake to cool completely. Using a serrated knife, cut the cake into one-inch pieces.
- Prepare the pudding according to package directions, keeping each package of pudding in a separate bowl. Add a few drops of blue food coloring to one bowl, then add a few drops of pink food coloring to the other bowl. Be sure to only add a little at a time until you get the desired color.
- Tightly place one layer of cake cubes in the bottom of a trifle dish or large glass bowl (fit as much cake as you can to not have gaps). Spoon one of the bowls of pudding over the top of the cake. Now spoon in 2 cups of the whipped topping over the pudding.
- Repeat with another layer of cake, the other color of pudding, then 2 more cups of the whipped topping.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Make bird nests (2 of each color) from the edible candy grass. Do this by holding a half-inch thick group of grass and spin the grass tightly into a circle starting with one end.
- Before serving, decorate the top of the trifle with 6 bird nests and add 3 candy eggs into each nest.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Cool Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vanilla Easter Trifle