Soft and chewy with a winning combination of chocolate and toffee in this buttery cookie. These Toffee Chocolate Chip Ice Box Cookies can be made in advance and baked when you're ready to enjoy them!
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg, room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla
2 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup Hershey's Chipits semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup Hershey Chipits Skor Toffee Bits
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer to do this or mix by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture in two additions and mix just until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chip and toffee bits.
- Divide dough in thirds.
- Shape each portion and roll dough by hand into a 7-inch long log and wrap in plastic wrap. The roll will be about 3 inches tall. Place in the refrigerator side by side so the logs do not flatten.
- Refrigerate for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Work with 1 log at a time, leaving the other(s) in the refrigerator.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 1/4-inch thick pieces and place on parchment-paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake one sheet at a time at 375°F for 11-13 minutes.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire cooling racks.
- Storage instructions: Store between layers of parchment or waxed paper in airtight container.
- Freezing instructions: Place cooled cookies in airtight container between layers of parchment or waxed paper for up to 1 month.
- Make ahead (refrigerator) - refrigerate unbaked dough for up to three days.
- Make ahead (freezer) - Freeze wrapped logs in a ziplock bag for up to 1 month. Allow dough to stand for 30 minutes before slicing and baking.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Toffee Chocolate Chip Icebox Cookies