Soft and chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside, these cookies are the ultimate in comfort baking.
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups blended oatmeal (see instructions below)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup grated chocolate (for example milk or dark chocolate chocolate bar)
1 and 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
1. In a food processor, blend oatmeal until it is a fine powder similar to flour.
2. Grate 1/2 cup milk or dark chocolate. Set aside.
3. Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar together on high speed of electric or stand mixer.
2. Blend in eggs, then vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, blended oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Add flour mixture to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, blending at low speed.
5. Add chocolate chips, grated chocolate and nuts (if using).
6. Roll into 2 inch balls and press down gently in hands to flatten before placing on cookie sheet.
7. Bake in 375F oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cookies will be soft in the centre.
Makes 36 medium-sized cookies
Nuts are not included in the nutritional count as they are optional.
For cookie sandwiches, I used the Cream Cheese icing from the Moist Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Icing
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 491
- Sugar: 41.2 g
- Sodium: 115.8 mg
- Fat: 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 61.3 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 47.8 mg
Keywords: Cookies, easy recipes, baking recipes