A simple yet elegant little cookie with ground pecans, butter, flour sugar and vanilla. Rolled in icing sugar, these Snowball Cookies are a delicious treat!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar (for rolling the cookies into)
1. In a large mixing bowl, or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. 2. Add in vanilla and stir until combined.
3. Gradually add in flour, beating after each addition.
4. Gradually add in pecans stirring until well combined.
5. Shape dough into 1" balls and bake 1" apart in 325F oven for 15 to 18 minutes. The bottoms will be lightly browned.
6. Cool just until you can handle the cookies by hand, then roll each one into powdered sugar.
7. Re-roll cookies again once they have cooled for 15 minutes.
Store cookies in airtight container for up to five days.
Makes 30 cookies
For a change, try walnuts instead of pecans.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 78.6 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.8 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 16.3 mg
Keywords: Holiday Recipes, Christmas Cookies, Cookies