This spread is wonderful on crackers and so quick to put together. Creamy and a light nip to it with the Dijon mustard, this recipe is sure to be a winner!
You know what time it is?
It's November 2nd and that means it's time to start watching Hallmark Christmas movies!! As soon as Halloween is over, we start our traditional marathon. Hallmark Christmas movie-watching between now and Christmas!
I made this Smoked Gouda Spread with Walnuts thinking it would be the perfect thing to serve for movie night when we have 'buffet' for dinner. That's what our boys call it. I'm not sure where they got the 'buffet' expression but it means, we're having a charcuterie board with kielbasa, cheeses, spreads, nuts and snacks. Sometimes a hot appetizer or two in place of a big dinner.
A light dinner to leave room for a big mug of hot chocolate and holiday cookies while we watch our movie- YUM!
This recipe could easily be cut in half to make a smaller amount and you could also shape into a ball, then roll it into the walnuts.
Any type of cracker would be delicious with this spread and I would recommend a sturdier cracker as you will be spreading the mixture onto it with a knife.
How to make Smoked Gouda Spread with Walnuts
Other than the chilling time, this recipe is really easy to make and requires no cooking. Quick and easy, this recipe creates very little mess 🙂
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded smoked Gouda cheese, softened cream cheese, butter, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
2. Using a wooden spoon, combine mixture until well combined. This will take about four minutes of stirring.
3. On a sheet of plastic wrap, shape mixture into a 12 x 3" long log. Once shaped, wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
4. Refrigerate for one hour.
5. Roll chilled log into finely chopped walnuts, then roll again into the coarser chopped walnuts, pressing some of the larger walnuts into the log by hand.
6. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature for a half hour before serving.