This Raspberry-Peach Bread is moist with a soft texture and full or ripe juicy peaches and fresh raspberries.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
Lemon zest from 1 lemon
1 cup fresh raspberries
2 large peaches, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 large egg
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup lemon juice
Add lemon juice to 1/2 cup of icing sugar until pouring consistency. Pour over warm loaf.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and lemon zest. Mix well to combine.
- Peel and chop peaches into bite-size pieces.
- Add chopped peaches and raspberries to dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine egg, melted butter and juice from 1/2 lemon. Whisk together until well blended.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended.
- Turn into greased loaf pan.
- Bake in 350F for 50 to 60 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn out onto a cooling rack. 10. Cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Substitute 3 whole peaches, peeled and chopped and omit the raspberries
Substitute 1 cup of orange juice fo the lemon juice and use the grated zest from one orange and omit the lemon zest.
Glaze - Combine 1/2 cup of icing sugar with orange juice until pouring consistency. Pour over top of warm loaf.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 18.7 g
- Sodium: 158.6 mg
- Fat: 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.5 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 25.7 mg
Keywords: Raspberry Peach Bread