You're going to love this easy Peach Streusel Coffee Cake! Fresh peaches are centre stage in this moist cake that is topped with a sweet, crunchy streusel topping. Made in a 9x13-inch pan, this is the perfect summer dessert to take to your next family gathering.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH ALL OF THESE PEACHES?
Make this coffee cake! This moist cake has a delicate crumb. A layer of sliced peaches tops the cake the the streusel topping is crunchy and delicious!
I love that this cake is made in a 13x9-inch baking dish. It's the perfect size for a family gathering and transports well.
Many of you will end up with large baskets of peaches and wondering what to do with all of them. You might also enjoy this peach cobbler pound cake or peach bread. Peach Bread. Both would freeze very well for future snacking.
If you like your peaches in a combo with other fruits, try these blueberry peach muffins. Make in a jumbo muffin tin, they have sky-high muffin tops!
Raspberry-Peach Bread is a loaf cake that is super moist and tasty and freezes well.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE!
- this is a simple recipe that requires no fancy equipment. Easy to make and delicious results every time!
- if you love peaches, this is your dessert! It's loaded with an entire layer of fresh peaches.
- are you a peach lover? me too! Don't forget to try the peach cobbler muffins next!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- walnuts or pecans - for the sweet streusel top. Honestly, both are equally delicious here! Use your favourite.
- old-fashioned rolled oats - these are the larger, flakier ones. You can absolutely substitute the quick oats in this recipe.
- brown sugar
- butter - is used in the cake layer (softened, at room temperature) and melted in the streusel topping
- granulated sugar
- eggs - large eggs at room temperature. Take them out of the refrigerator about an hour before you start the recipe.
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- ground nutmeg
- milk - you can use 1%, 2% or whole milk.
- lemon zest - citrus goes beautifully with the peaches. It's a must in this recipe!
- baking powder - for leavening. This is a soft cake with nice rise to it.
- peaches - the star of the show! Look for peaches that are brightly-coloured and yield just a little when squeezed.
This is a super-easy recipe to make. It has three simple parts:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Grease and flour 13- x 9-inch cake pan.
3. In a small bowl, combine walnuts, rolled oats, brown sugar and melted butter. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, or bowl from stand mixer, beat butter for 45 second on medium speed.
5. Slowly add in granulated sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
6. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
7. Add lemon rind and stir just to combine.
8. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
9. Add half of the flour mixture to the batter, mixing on low speed.
10. Add milk and beat on low speed.
11. Add remaining flour mixture and beat on low speed, just to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure it is well-mixed.
12. Drop cake batter into the prepared 13 x 9-inch cake pan. It will be easier to spread if you drop into each corner then a few in the middle and then spread the batter evenly over the entire dish.
13. Peel and pit peaches. Cut into thin slices, then set aside.
14. Place sliced peaches over cake batter in a single row, cutting smaller pieces to fit in the spaces if necessary.
15. Sprinkle streusel topping over top of peaches.
16. Bake in 375°F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
17. Cool in pan on wire cooling rack for 15 minutes before serving.
18. Delicious served warm or cool.
HOW TO SERVE PEACH COFFEE CAKE
Enjoy this coffee cake plain or with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Sweetened whipped cream would be equally delicious!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please take a moment to comment below and give it a star rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print