Fresh summer peaches take centre stage in this deliciously moist Peach Bread. This is a quick and easy recipe to mix up with no equipment needed. It stays moist for a few days and freezes beautifully.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup granulated sugar
Lemon zest from one lemon
1 cup fresh peaches, peeled and diced (approximately 2 large peaches)
1 large egg, room temperature
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed or packaged)
Peach Glaze (optional)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tbsp. orange juice (freshly squeezed or packaged)
1/2 cup chopped finely chopped peaches.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8x4-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and lemon zest. Stir well to combine.
- Peel and chop peaches into bite-sized pieces.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat one egg, then add the cooled, melted butter and orange juice. Whisk until well-combined.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine, using as few strokes as possible. (mixture will be thick)
- Turn into a greased 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
- For the glaze: Add 1 tbsp. of the orange juice to 1 cup of icing sugar. Stir in the chopped peaches and add enough orange juice to make a pourable glaze. You may need to add a bit more orange juice or powdered sugar to reach the desired consistency. Some peaches are very juicy and add a lot of liquid, so adding a little liquid at a time is best.
- Set the cooled loaf on a wire cooling rack with a layer of parchment paper under the rack. Drizzle the loaf with glaze. Repeat if necessary with any glaze that has drizzled onto the parchment paper.
- Storage Instructions: Peach bread can be wrapped in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for two to three days. Storing it in the refrigerator will add a few days to how long it will remain fresh. Wrap in plastic wrap and then foil and place in the fridge for up to five days.
- Freezing instructions:Peach bread can be frozen for up to two months. Allow it to cool completely before wrapping in plastic wrap, then foil. Thaw at room temperature before eating.
- Variations: add in 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries or raspberries. A 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts may also be added to the batter.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 30.2 g
- Sodium: 157.8 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.5 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 25.7 mg
Keywords: Peach Bread, quick bread, dessert