A chewy oatmeal cookie sprinkled with chunks of white chocolate and sweetened dried cranberries. Delicious any time of the year. This is the perfect cookie to package for gift-giving.
2/3 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 and 1/2 cups rolled oats (quick oats)
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks (or white chocolate chips)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, rolled oats, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture stirring just to combine.
- Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a parchment-lined (ungreased) cookie sheet.
- Bake in 375F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Substitute raisins for dried cranberries
Substitute unsweetened dried cranberries instead of sweetened
Add in 1/4 cup chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
Optionally you can add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Use white chocolate chips instead of chocolate chunks
Storage and freezing instructions:
Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to five days. Cookies can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months. Thaw before serving.
To freeze the cookie dough, scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Feeze for 1 hour, then transfer the frozen cookie dough to a large freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. You can bake the cookie dough from frozen and it will take an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 11.8 g
- Sodium: 113.7 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.3 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 30.1 mg
Keywords: oatmeal craisin cookies