Soft & chewy, spotted with chunks of white chocolate and dried cranberries, these Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies are so tasty. The combination is heavenly!
I'm so happy that you've clicked through to this recipe because you're in for a treat! These Oatmeal White Chocolate Chunk Cookies are so tasty and simple to make!
These cookies are not overly sweet. The oatmeal, cranberry and white chocolate flavours really come through in these delicious cookies. The soft and chewy texture is achieved by taking them out as soon as the edges turn light golden brown.
- Butter and eggs should both be at room temperature. Take them out of the refrigerator an hour before baking.
- I like to use quick oats in this recipe. If you're going to use the old-fashioned larger flaker, pulse the a few times in the food processor first.
- Sweetened or unsweetened dried cranberries will work in this recipe.
- For the white chocolate, use good quality baking chocolate or chocolate bars, coarsely chopped.
- You can use a hand mixer or stand mixer to make these cookies. In a pinch, you could make this recipe by hand, keeping in mind that creaming the butter and sugars until light and fluffy is quite an arm workout 🙂
- There are just a few simple steps to making these cookies - cream butter and sugar, then add in the eggs.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture.
- Add in the dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks, drop onto cookie sheet and bake!
Variations and substitutions
- substitute white chocolate chips for the chocolate chunks
- add in ¼ cup dark chocolate chips for even more flavour!
- add in ¼ cup raisins