Summer fresh berries, cream cheese, whipped cream and graham cookie crumbs in luscious layers make this simple no-bake dessert the ideal 'don't-get-the-kitchen-hot' kind of dessert.
1 package (8oz.) cream cheese, softened at room temperature
3 tbsp. heavy cream
4 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. lemon zest
1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups graham crackers crumbs
2 tbsp. butter
8 cups chopped strawberries
2 tbsp. sugar
1 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla (for whipped cream mixture)
1. Clean and hull strawberries.
2. Gently stir cleaned strawberries in 2 tbsp. of sugar. Set aside in refrigerator.
Graham Crumb Layer
1. Melt 2 tbsp. of butter.
2. In small mixing bowl, combine melted butter and graham crumbs. Stir well to combine and set aside.
Cream Cheese Layer
The cream cheese layer has two parts. The cream cheese and the whipped cream. The whipped cream is folded into the cream cheese mixture.
1. In mixing bowl or stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, heavy cream and 4 tbsp. sugar.
2. Mix slowly to combine, then mix on medium-high speed for one minute until well-blended and smooth.
3. Add in lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
4. Beat at medium speed for one more minute.
If using stand mixer, transfer cheese mixture to large mixing bowl and clean the stand mixer bowl.
If using hand mixer, begin the whipped cream in a clean bowl.
Make sure to rinse the stand mixer bowl in very cold water so that it's chilled enough for the next step - whipping the cream.
1. Combine whipped cream, icing sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl.
2. Beat on medium-high speed of mixture until medium peaks form. Keep a close eye on the cream. It will turn to butter if you leave it too long!
NEXT, combine cream cheese mixture and whipped cream
1. Gently fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Fold only until combined.
Assembling the parfaits
1. Using four parfait glasses (or preferred glass container) start with whipped cream mixture followed by a layer of graham crumb mixture.
2. Add a layer of strawberries and repeat until parfait glass is full. Place strawberries on top layer.
There is no right or wrong way when layering these parfaits. You can repeat the graham crumb layer on the top if desired.
Any seasonal fresh berry can be substituted for the strawberries.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 parfait glass
- Calories: 485
- Sugar: 42.1 g
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Fat: 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 16.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 56.9 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 77 mg
Keywords: no bake strawberry parfaits