These Mini Lemon Cheesecakes are the perfect ending to a lovely dinner or an afternoon coffee break treat. Lemon juice and zest add some zing to the cheesecake filling. Use your favourite fresh fruit for the topping.
These Mini Lemon Cheesecakes are really quick to make. Cheesecakes can take well over an hour to make and sometimes we want the flavour, but don't have the time.
Say hello to these little lovelies! A bit of lemon zing in every bit blended with your favourite fruit in a light glaze on top - pure bliss.
I hope you enjoy these as much as our family does. It's on repeat for quick and easy desserts. 🙂
Why you'll love this recipe
- this recipe uses basic ingredients and no fancy equipment is required.
- you can change up the topping to the fresh fruit of the season.
- makes a small batch - if you're looking for a dessert that feeds a smaller group, this is the one as it only makes six.
- mini cheesecakes are quick and easy to make and do not require the long baking time of a regular cheesecake.
- Graham crumbs - I like to buy the ones that are already in crumb form, however you can also buy the whole Graham Crackers and crush them by placing them in a zippered bag, sealing, then rolling over with a rolling pin until they are a fine crumb.
- Cream cheese - take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator an hour before baking and take it right out of the package and let it sit on a plate, loosely covered with plastic wrap. To soften the cream cheese a little bit more, microwave it on medium-high for about 20 seconds.
How to make this recipe and expert tips
- Graham cracker crust - All of the crust ingredients are mixed together, then pressed into the bottom of six muffin cups. I like to use a small glass to press them evenly into the bottom. You may also use the back of a spoon.
- The Filling - For the filling, all ingredients are combined except the egg. Once combined, the egg is added and mixed just until combined. (over mixing the egg can cause the cheesecakes to sink)
- The Topping - I like to use the topping from the Banana Split Cake with Strawberry Sauce.
Toppings and garnishes suggestions
- use your favourite fruit in season as a topping in the simple glaze I suggested above.
- Cherry pie filling is also delicious with these cheesecakes. Additionally, blueberry pie filling is equally delicious!
- If you want to skip the fruit altogether, simply top with a dollop of whipped cream and a slice of lemon for garnish.