Soft and chewy with toasted marshmallows on top, these easy Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect with a tall glass of milk.
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cups blended rolled oats (see instructions below)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups chocolate chips (reserve 1/4 cup for pressing into cookie dough balls before baking)
1 and 1/4 cup mini marshmallows (reserve 1/4 cup for pressing into cookie dough balls before baking)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a food processor to blend rolled oats until a fine powder, similar to flour. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on high speed for two minutes until light and fluffy.
- Blend in egg, then vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, combine blended rolled oats, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to butter mixture, one cup at a time and stir until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips, then mini marshmallows (reserving 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of mini marshmallows for pressing into cookie dough balls).
- Using a heaping cookie scoop or tablespoon, place cookie dough balls on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Press a few chocolate chips and mini marshmallows into each cookie dough ball.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes. Edges will be lightly browned and marshmallows will be toasted a light golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to wire cooling rack.
Storage & Freezing Instructions: Store cooled cookies in an airtight storage container for up to five days for optimal freshness. Cookies may be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to two months. Thaw completely at room temperature before eating.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 28.3 g
- Sodium: 88.3 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.4 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 35.8 mg
Keywords: Marshmallow chocolate chip cookies