A soft and chewy cookie, Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies are an easy cookie recipe with gooey mini marshmallows, semi-sweet chocolate chips and blended rolled oats to add to the amazing texture of these cookies. These are the perfect cookies for dunking into a glass of milk, coffee or tea!
Meet our new favorite cookies! Lightly browned and fresh from the oven with melty chocolate chips and toasty marshmallows, these cookies are the best!
If you love classic chocolate chip cookies, then you'll love these. The blended oatmeal adds chewy texture and the combination of marshmallow, melted like marshmallow fluff with the chocolate chips is irresistible.
If you love marshmallow fluff, you will have to try our hot chocolate cookies with homemade marshmallow fluff.
You can find the full recipe card with instructions and amounts for the ingredients at the bottom of this page. I've included some notes and tips that I hope you will find helpful before making the recipe.
- butter - softened at room temperature. Take the butter out of the fridge 30 to 60 minutes before baking.
- white sugar (granulated sugar)
- brown sugar - use light brown sugar in this recipe.
- eggs - large eggs at room temperature. Take the eggs out of the fridge 30 to 60 minutes before starting the recipe.
- vanilla extract - pure vanilla extract will add the best flavor in these cookies. You could also use artificial vanilla extract if that is what you have on hand.
- all-purpose flour
- blended rolled oats - quick oats are pulsed in the food processor until they become a fine powder.
- baking soda
- baking powder
- semisweet chocolate chips - you can also use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate chunks or white chocolate chips.
- mini marshmallows - I do not recommend substituting regular marshmallows. They tend to be more sticky and will not brown as nicely in the cookie tops.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies with Marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
You can use an electric mixer or stand mixer for this recipe. You could also mix this recipe by hand with a wooden spoon. The first step would require about four minutes of vigorous hand mixing.
For blended oatmeal: Using a food processor, pulse the rolled oats until a fine powder, similar to flour. Set aside.
In a large bowl, or bowl from stand mixer, cream together room-temperature butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in eggs, then vanilla and mix until well combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the blended oatmeal, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, one cup at a time until combined.
Stir in chocolate chips and mini marshmallows, reserving ¼ cup of each for pressing into the cookie dough balls.
Use a heaping cookie scoop or tablespoon, shape into a ball and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Press a few chocolate chips and mini marshmallows into each cookie.
Bake in 350°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies will be lightly browned and the marshmallows will be light brown and appear to be toasted.
Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to wire cooling racks. Enjoy!
Store cooled cookies in an airtight storage container for up to five days for optimal freshness. Cookies may be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to two months. Thaw completely at room temperature before eating.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page. Don't forget to tag me when you make one of my recipes! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!