This pecan-studded Maple Glazed Banana Bread is drizzled with a maple syrup glaze. A delightful change from traditional Banana Bread.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE!
- studded with delicious fresh pecans
- no fancy equipment needed. Simply use a hand mixer or stand mixer
- basic ingredients that you'll likely already have in your pantry
- if you love bananas in baking recipes, you'll love Moist Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Icing too!
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- butter is essential in this recipe and cannot be substituted with margarine
- use large eggs
- pure vanilla extract will give you added flavour compared to artificial vanilla
- sour cream; you can use the full fat or light sour cream in this recipe. You may also substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream.
- pure maple syrup is the best for drizzling on top of this delicious loaf
- ripe bananas are a must in this recipe. Using unripe bananas will not have the same sweetness as a ripe banana.
- preheat oven to 350°F, then grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan
- in a small bowl, combine dry ingredients
- using mixer and large bowl, or stand mixer, beat butter and sugar. Add in the eggs.
- add in the vanilla
- in a separate small bowl, mash banana, then stir in sour cream
- add in the dry ingredients and banana mixture alternately in thirds.
- scrape into prepared loaf pan
- bake in 350°F oven for 50 - 55 minutes until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- let cool 5 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack
- use a wooden skewer or toothpick to poke holes all over the top, then drizzle with maple syrup
- 1 cup of frozen, chopped cranberries
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
STORAGE & FREEZING
- allow the bread to cool, then wrap in plastic wrap and store on the counter for up to four days
- this bread freezes beautifully for up to three months! Wrap in foil or plastic wrap, either whole or in slices. Thaw on kitchen counter before eating.
Over-mixing the batter will change the texture considerably. When adding the dry ingredients to the recipe, only stir until combined with as few strokes as possible.
Fresh or frozen fruit such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and cranberries taste delicious with banana flavour. Chocolate chips or chopped chocolate pieces are delicious too!
Ripened bananas are much sweeter than unripe bananas. They also have a smoother, softer texture when mashed and blend into the batter easily.
I THINK YOU WILL ENJOY THESE RECIPES TOO!
Maple-Glazed Banana Bread
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Glazed with maple syrup, this banana bread is very moist and has a fine crumb. A quick and easy recipe to make wth beautiful results every time!
½ cup butter, softened
⅔ cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 and ¼ cups mashed ripe bananas
¼ cup sour cream
2 cups all purpose flour
½ cup chop pecans (optional)
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together flour, chopped pecans, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, or stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar for one minute on medium speed.
4. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time at medium speed for 45 seconds after each one
5. Add in vanilla.
6. In a separate bowl, mash bananas then stir in sour cream.
7. To the sugar/butter mixture, stir in at low speed ⅓ of the flour mixture, ⅓ banana mixture and repeat until all have been added in.
8. Scrape into prepared loaf pan.
9. Bake in centre of 350F oven for 50 - 55 minutes or until a cake tester in the centre comes out clean.
10. Let cool on rack for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and set on wire rack.
11. Use a wooden skewer or toothpick to poke holes all over the top.
12. Brush with 2 tbsp. of maple syrup.
Makes 1 loaf - 12 - 16 servings.
Plain yogurt may be substituted for the sour cream.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Breakfast and Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 128.1 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.8 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 39.8 mg
Keywords: Banana Bread
Made this and it turned out perfectly delicious thank you!!