This delicious, moist cake is made in one dish! Mixed with a fork - what could be easier? Chocolate lovers will love this cake!
The easiest cake you will ever make
This recipe is SO EASY! You don't even have to grease the dish! The most work you will do is mixing two squares of chocolate with oil and melting it in the oven for four minutes.
The ingredients are stirred together with a fork - no mixer, no mess.
Sprinkle the toppings on top, bake and voila, a beautiful dessert for dinner. No icing.
This easy dessert is the down-and-dirty "I-need-something-quick" dream recipe.
The cake will delight the chocolate-lover on your list as well. You can change up the nuts to pecans or walnuts and easily use butterscotch chips, mint chips. There are so many variations for this easy recipe.
How to make Made-In-The-Pan Squares
This is a quick and easy recipe to make. The photos below show the steps. Everything is mixed right in the baking dish using a fork. There is no need to grease the dish either!
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Using an 8x8 baking dish, pour vegetable oil and place 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate into the dish and place in 350F oven for 4 minutes. (this will melt the chocolate squares and heat the oil)
3. Remove from oven and transfer to heat-proof surface.
4. Add ¾ cup water to the baking pan, along with granulated sugar, egg, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
5. Beat with a fork until smooth, for about 1 and ½ minutes.
6. Use the fork to spreed out the batter evenly in the pan.
7. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and slivered almonds.
8. Bake in 350F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
9. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing.