A classic old-fashioned oatmeal cookie recipes that is soft and chewy on the inside with a little crispiness on the edges. A great recipe to have on your regular rotation in the cookie jar!
3/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats (old-fashioned or instant)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, beating until well-combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking power, baking soda and cinnamon (if using).
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition being careful not to over mix.
- Using wooden spoon, or with clean hands, add in rolled oats and stir until combined.
- Roll into 1 and 1/2 inch balls and dip into granulated sugar. (This is optional but gives the cookies a nice sparkle and a tasty top).
- Flatten the cookies slightly, then place on baking sheet two inches apart.
- Bake in 375F oven for 8 to 10 minutes until edges are light golden brown. Cookies will still be soft in the middle.
- Leave on cookie sheet for one minutes, then transfer to cooling racks.
- For all of my recipes, I recommend baking cookies one sheet at a time in the middle of the oven.
- Storage instructions: Store cookies covered, in airtight container for 4 to 5 days at room temperature.
- Freezing instructions: Place cookies in layers between parchment paper or waxed paper and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before eating.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 15.3 mg
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 20.5 mg
Keywords: Cookies, Oatmeal