This condiment recipe is a must-have for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. With no fancy ingredients, this is an easy recipe to make ahead in preparation for a big dinner.
1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (1 bag)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
1. In a medium-sized heavy bottomed saucepan, combine water and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar.
2. Gradually bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Add cranberries and return to a boil, stirring occasionally.
4. Reduce heat to medium and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Cool completely before storing in refrigerator container.
Cranberry Sauce may be preserved by processing in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
You can also freeze cranberry sauce in a freezer safe container or in zippered bags.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 46.7 g
- Sodium: 2.9 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.9 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Holiday cooking, cranberries