This condiment recipe is a must-have for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. With no fancy ingredients, this is an easy recipe to make ahead in preparation for a big dinner.
1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (1 bag)
1 cup tart apples, peeled and diced
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
1. In a medium-sized heavy bottomed saucepan, combine water, sugar and cinnamon. Stir to dissolve sugar.
2. Gradually bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Add cranberries and apples. Return to a boil, stirring occasionally.
4. Reduce heat to medium and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and cool completely before transferring to airtight container. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
Storage & Freezing Instructions: Cool completely before storing in airtight container in refrigerator for up to three days. May be frozen for up to one month. Thaw before servings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 46.7 g
- Sodium: 2.9 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.9 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cranberry sauce with apples